Sunday, June 1, 2008

Another Tough Run/Swim Day


At 3:30 this afternoon, I decided to knock out my allotted 45 minutes of running. Up to this point, I hadn't run for that long. With me not "connecting" as well to the distant run discipline, I was dreading it a bit. However, it wasn't as bad as it's been in the past. It must be the fact that I'm getting more used to the distance running, my legs are getting more in endurance shape, and my wind is becoming up to par. Even though it was a relatively slow pace, I ran the entire time minus 3 minutes of brisk walking. I felt pretty good about myself.

Literally 5 minutes after I finished my run, Troy called to say he was coming to pick me up to do our 30 minute swim training. I think if I had known the window between the two would be so small, I probably wouldn't have run at the time I did. It proved to be a good endurance test however as I made it through both with flying colors. I'm sore from the intense workouts, but my body seems to be responding well. It's changing not only physically, but also endurance wise.

Troy ran after we got finished swimming. However, he could only run for 22:30. He's coming along as well. Tomorrow is weight training and weigh in day. Should be interesting.

No comments: