Monday, June 23, 2008

Testing Out the Calf



Okay, we're back on our regular training schedule after this past weekend and today, by design, is a light day that consists of only weight training. Troy and I met at the gym at 7:30 this morning to push weights then get on with our day.

Troy had a bit of a mental setback due to his weigh in this morning. He seems to be holding steady at 300 lbs. This was discouraging for him because he hasn't seemed to have lost weight. However, he's losing inches and it's definitely noticeable. That's the most important part because he's gaining muscle mass and muscle is much more dense than fat. At any rate, he's ratcheting up his diet even more and going to really focus in on his food intake because we know it's not something he's not doing on the training side of things.

Me on the other hand, . . . I actually had a crazy "food filled" night last night with Shelby. We decided to pig out on junk food and watch movies. We had a good time eating pizza, garlic bread sticks, and Coke. I know that's not good for me, but I realize that I can splurge once in a while and it not bother me. However, I'm back on track for this week.

Lastly, the video is of me testing out running on my calf. It seems to be much better with very little soreness. But, I'm going to continue to take it slow and let it properly heal so as to not re-injure or further injure the muscle.

Happy Monday.

No comments: