Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hittin' Bricks!


Today was a scheduled "brick" day. A brick, in triathlon terms, is when you ride then run immediately after as if you would in an actual race. Brick workouts are extremely tough but necessary in triathlon training. Troy and I pulled a brick this morning by riding for 40 minutes and running for 10. That was what was scheduled. However, I ended up riding for 30 minutes and running for 15 due to today's work schedule. Even though I made it through quite nicely, it was tough once I was done. I found myself fatigued and my calves were very sore. I keep wondering when my legs will get used to the soreness, yet I always feel like my legs are in a perpetual state of soreness. Not necessarily a bad sore, but that good healthy soreness that one gets after a hard workout. That's what I seem to always have in my calves.

Troy did his brick too and evidently ran at a very slow and painful pace. He reported that it took him 15 minutes to run just over a mile. However, he did it and that's the main thing!

Bricks are TOUGH!

No comments: