Saturday, June 21, 2008

Harpeth River Ride


Today Troy, Daniel Brake, Jeff Willett, and myself got up this morning and signed up to ride in the 2008 Harpeth River Ride. It's a bicycle ride that has 4 different distance legs to it. There's 22, 42, 62, & 100 mile legs to choose from. Daniel and I did the 62, while Troy and Jeff did the 22. It was extremely challenging but rewarding nonetheless. I'm extremely glad I did it considering I've never done a ride longer than 41 miles previous to today. I'm looking forward to doing it next year and may work up to trying the 100.

The Harpeth Bike Club put on the event and it was first class all the way. The ride was fully supported, there were ample rest stops for re-fueling, and the lunch afterward was phenomenal. They provided Blue Coast Burrito for all the riders and family. There must've been more than 1000 riders out there as it was a packed scene at the start.

This was unlike anything I've ever done athletically and I'm excited that I did it and am anxious to do another one soon. Enjoy the video blog from when we were out there.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

This will be a day I chose to forget for a long time! I still can't shake the fact that my legs locked so tight on a ride that was actually so much easier than 3 State.