Friday, June 13, 2008

Rest Day!



Today is Friday and that means we have a rest day in our training schedule. I'm looking forward to not having to do anything training wise today. After yesterday, it's going to be a nice rest. And I must admit, after the many interruptions from yesterday's swim, I thought for sure that Troy would miss out on his run later in the day. As usual, he surprised me later in the the evening by running at 10:30. If nothing else, it tangibly showed his commitment level to his training and health. I was proud. On top of all of that, Troy bettered his running time and distance by 45 seconds! That's tangible proof of his improvement.

Big E came into town yesterday on his way to Knoxville on business and we had a great time just hangin' out, watching basketball, listening and working on music, and getting a light workout in. It was great getting to see my best buddy! I don't get to see him nearly as much as I'd like because he's so involved with college, pro, and United States basketball for Nike. He's got a sweet gig!

Above is a picture of The Big E.


No comments: