Monday, June 2, 2008

Weight Just a Minute


Today was a scheduled weight lifting and strength day. Troy and I were scheduled to hook up at 7:30 am this morning but I ended up working out on my own because Troy had a rough night and was having trouble getting out of bed early. I totally understand because I've certainly had my days. At any rate, I worked out at the Williamson County Rec Center while I waited for Shelby to get finished with her swim practice. I did a lot of core work including pull ups, shoulders, biceps, and abs. I did 4 sets of 12-15 on any exercise that I did. Even though after this weekend of hard training and soreness, I can definitely tell that I'm getting stronger, leaner, and gaining muscle. 

This program has been one of the toughest yet most rewarding things I've ever done athletically!

Troy made it to the gym and lifted on his own as well. It's definitely not as enjoyable working out in the weight room alone as it is with a partner. Nonetheless, Troy did curls, pull downs, crunch machine, fly, and ab torso twist. He's down to an even 300 lbs. By next week, he'll be in the 200's! A sign that he's on the right path and approaching this the proper way. Do your thang T!

No comments: