Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Long Road Home



As I lay here typing this entry, Troy and I find ourselves in Georgia somewhere North of Macon and just South of Atlanta. We're in a hotel room getting some rest in order to awake in the morning to finish our trip back to Franklin. In the quiet of the room, I contemplate our trip, what we did leading up to the race, our preparation, what we can do better, and what lies ahead. I gotta say, it's greatly rewarding knowing that we set out to accomplish something and we did it! I love that feeling. It's the same feeling that continues to bring me back to this place and want to help others to get to experience what I've experienced. I feel that's becoming my calling. Maybe that's better decided by the Lord. In any case, I'm rejuevinated and ready to get back in to our routine of training and starting to step it up a notch. On the other hand, I'm still very stressed by what awaits me back home in my responsibilities, my duties, and the overwhelming mountains I have to climb on a personal level. However, I do find comfort in the peace I'm afforded from the Lord almighty. I've realized that it's through my family and close friends that I've truly felt His presence and peace. He continues to speak to me mightily through people He places in my life and I'm grateful for that. I don't receive subtleties very well and the Lord knows that best. He's managed to purposefully place some very special people in my life, and it hasn't been until just recently that I've truly opened my eyes to that.

Well, enough of the sentiment. It's now 11:50 CST and it's time to allow my body and mind some rest. The Lord is good and I know that He is with me through this tough time. With His strength, I know I'll make it through and actually have the ability to look forward to the coming days.

2 comments:

GC said...

Gentlemen. . . this was one of the better blogs (in my opinion) because of the variety enclosed. It was almost like accompanying you somewhat on your "long road home". Continue to be safe, enjoy the last lap of your return, trust in the Lord with all your heart and know that you have many in your court supporting you throughout your journey. Love from your biggest fan (literally!).

GC said...

Your best blog yet. DAD