Friday, August 15, 2008

Therapy Ride

This was a great ride for me and a very creative thoughtful one as well. Some things are seemingly starting to come together in the career department.

Today I spoke to a professional sports trainer about my calf and achilles problem. As it turns out, I very well may have a micro tear in my achilles tendon. The only thing that I can do is not run on it for approximately a month. Otherwise, I could possibly do much worse damage to the point of not being able to run for as much as one year. I must admit, my body has been telling me to not run or take it much easier but I haven't been listening until now. I don't want to do long-term damage, so I've decided to completely lay off of running for a full month. So in essence, I'm not running one time until September 15th. It'll be interesting to see how things progress in that long amount of time. I'm praying that it properly heals so I can start building strength and speed for the 5 and 10k in upcoming triathlons.

Troy and I have decided to race in the Suncoast Triathlon for sure. It's on October 23rd and it'll be a whirl wind trip. Very unlike our last one that was extremely relaxing and therapeutic. However, we're still excited and looking forward to seeing our progression from our first race compared to our second. We shall see.


No comments: