Friday, August 29, 2008

The New 20. . . for Troy



With it being Friday, Troy and I really wanted to get in a good but comfortable ride this afternoon before we trek out on our 22 miler early in the morning. Even though we had to battle the afternoon rain, we managed to squeeze it in and got our easy 20 accomplished. Troy ended up enjoying the new route that I had charted and liked the fact that it's not too hilly. This is the 20 mile loop that I frequently do on my own that's so cathartic for me. It's got everything. It has a few hills, it's got good paved roads, and best of all, it's got amazing scenery! This is one of my all-time favorite rides outside of the Harpeth rides and hopefully Troy will end up feeling the same. He did extremely well on the ride and seemed quite comfortable - to the tune of averaging over 17 mph. Not bad for the first time.

With it being Labor Day weekend, I intend to go out on a 63 mile ride on Monday morning. I've got to start mentally preparing for that NOW! We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

GC said...

I look forward to seeing your blog each day. The two of you together are such an interesting team! In this latest blog it is so evident of Troy's ongoing weight loss. Look at his upper arm - it is much slimmer looking! I continue to be extremely proud of your success. Ride on!!!!. . . . JC