Saturday, August 2, 2008

Doomsday. . . At Last!







Today was a day that I knew was coming for 3 months. On April 28th, Todd and I embarked on a detailed and very specific training routine to get us ready for the 2008 Top Gun Triathlon in Ft. Desoto Beach very near where my parents live in St. Petersburg, FL. Having not ever done this before, T and I walked in pretty “wide eyed” to the experience. Let me tell you, no matter how much research you do, stores you visit, YouTube videos you watch on this stuff, or websites you peruse, you just can’t prepare for the excitement of what it’s like when you’re in there actually doing it for the first time. I plan on doing many many more of these, but I have to admit, I think I’ll miss that sense of unknown excitement that will only come the first time you do this. I’m so happy to have come to the top of this mountain. My brother committed himself to help me improve my health and wellness, and hold his end of the bargain he DID in spades! I’m a VERY blessed man. Truly, today is a day to be thankful for the love of my savior and my brother, my wife, my kids, my parents, and my entire group of friends and family. Now...on to the next one. This is a LONG work in progress. WE are not done yet.

Troy Collins


Today was a day that was monumental for me. Let me just say that reaching this goal was a life changing experience in many more ways than one. It's been much more of a spiritual enriching journey for me than a physical. However with the triathlon behind me and it being our litmus test, I now know more about how better to train and we have a ton of room for improvement.

Todd Collins

Check the stats HERE.

No comments: