Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Deuce Deuce!



Today may have been one of the most enjoyable rides I've had to date. The weather was absolutely perfect, we didn't push it too hard, and I had my brother by my side to talk to and to help to push me. It was what I consider a slice of heaven.

I'm still a bit bummed about the fact that I can't run, but I'm going to stick to that so to not cause permanent damage to the achilles tendon. My target date is September 20th to be able to begin to start to run again. Until then, . . . I've mandated no running at all for myself! Troy is helping me to stick to that. Thanks T.

Other than the slight setback, Troy and I are still really enjoying our training and pursuing the goals that we set for ourselves. In fact, Troy signed us up to be USA Triathlon members. Now we've got some incentive to really work to get into some serious races beginning in '09. I love it!

1 comment:

Thaddeus Gunn said...

If you have any achilles tips, could you throw them my way? I did something to mine about a year ago while digging in the yard, not a rupture, but it sure made a painful bump. It seems to come and go, though, which is bewildering. Ice helps, and the doc wanted me to do ultrasound treatment which is $$. Thanks.