Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday Through Heaven's Pass



This morning was the perfect time to ride. It was clear with very little wind and right at 70 degrees. Perfect conditions! As a result, Troy and I rode out Saturday 22 mile ride on the Harpeth trail. I have to say that I was most impressed by Troy's performance. We ended the ride averaging 17.0 miles per hour. Troy's best performance by far! It's great to see how much he has progressed in his fitness level and weight. And it's times like these rides that I can see tangible improvement. That HAS to be encouraging to him as well. At any rate, this morning was monumental for me to see. I get great joy out of seeing how I've been a small part of Troy's continued improvement.

Tomorrow is a ride and a swim. Something that Troy hasn't been able to do of late due to his schedule. I'm looking forward to it and I'm looking forward to the triathlon. The closer it gets, the more focused I'm getting.

The above video has a portion of what Troy and I have affectionately named "Heaven's Pass". This is because being in the middle of a long ride and you come to Heaven's Pass, it's a welcome reception due to it being slightly down hill and completely covered by trees. Therefore, it's cool and breezy. It's almost as if we're passing through a little slice of Heaven. Thus the name. This video doesn't do it justice.

No comments: