Sunday, July 27, 2008

22 Miles: 17.5 mph!



Today, Troy and I didn't wake up at our normal early Saturday hour because we were both very tired from the previous day. Our schedule called for only a 60 minute run, but we both decided to do our 22 mile Harpeth ride late in the afternoon. In addition to the ride, I felt compelled to get a run in as well, so I went out and put in a 20 minute run. I felt pretty good overall today and both Troy and I are really getting excited about the race next weekend. I'm starting to feel the pressure that I've seemed to put upon myself, but it's something that I welcome and it drives me.

Tomorrow we have a 30 minute swim and a 60 minute run and I'm supposed to meet Troy early in the morning (Sunday) to get our swim out of the way. HOWEVER, as you can tell by the time of this entry, it's extremely late and I'm sitting here doing this because I'm having one of those nights that I can't go to sleep even though I'm extremely tired from the days training activities. These are those frustrating nights that I seem to get about once a month. Hopefully, Troy will give me some grace and allow me meet him later in the day to swim. I don't think I'll make it.

Troy's really doing extremely well with his training especially the bike. He's truly a natural on the bike and once he gets his weight down to where he wants it, he will be unbelievable as a cyclist. He's already to the point where he can push me on a ride and he's only getting better. We averaged 17.5 on our 22 mile ride and that, for him, is another personal best!

We're coming down the home stretch!

No comments: