Saturday, July 5, 2008

The 42 Miler

This morning Troy and I woke up early to tackle a 42 mile bike trek that was plotted out during the recent ride that we took during the Harpeth River Ride. Not much to report other than we made it and even Troy did pretty well considering he hadn't ridden his bike in over a week and a half. He was definitely struggling at times, but he made it nonetheless at an average speed of 15.2 mph. Not bad considering we had to conquer some tough hills and deal with the heat.

I was proud of big Troy. He's hanging in there and he certainly didn't want to quit on the ride. He was obviously determined to not only finish, but also to eclipse (by a long shot) his longest ride he's ever done.

It wasn't at all tough for me, but it was quite enjoyable going at a moderate pace and getting to chat with someone while riding the beautiful country roads of Williamson County. I'm looking forward to doing that ride again and possibly going on my own to see how hard I can push it. Maybe next weekend.

No comments: