Thursday, January 1, 2009

January 1 - Track Day



Wow! 2009! It seems like just the other day when we were bringing in the new millennium. Now it's almost a decade past. Amazing how much water has passed under the bridge in so seemingly little time. Before I know it, I'll be 50 years old! That used to seem so old to me and now it's very much in my sights. I'm 41 years old and I don't feel at all over 25! God has blessed me with good health and I want to be a good steward of that by (hopefully) being able to help others in their health quests. I believe the Lord has put this inside of me and it's something that I haven't always had. It has definitely come from my transformation process and is part of this new attitude of trying to be a blessing to others as I've been blessed in the past.

With today being the first of the year, I wanted to start the year off properly with a good intense workout. A track workout. As you'll hear in the video, it was nice but it was tough. I pushed it just enough to feel it, but not too much that it will hinder me later. I'm learning what my body needs and how far to go while at the current fitness level that I may be. My workout consisted of:

- 1.5 mile easy warm-up run
- 5 minute concentrated stretching (concentrate on deep breathing)
- 10 100 yard sprints building to top speed (run the straights and walk the curves)
- 1 mile walk or easy run warm down
- 5 minute stretch


During my workout, I was listening to a sermon podcast and was struck by a saying that is also in the video. It went like this:

The size of your problems in an indication of the size of your potential.

I thought that was a great quote and one that really resonated with me being in the situation that I've been in. I'm hanging on to this one because I believe that God has some very big things in store for both me and my brother. '09 is just the beginning!

No comments: