Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday Morning at 9:00



So it's Thursday and I haven't updated this thing since Monday. Between bad weather for training, hectic work schedule, and being a taxi service for teenagers, it's been hard to get to update this blog. I must confess however, I truly miss the accountability of the daily updating of this blog. It's therapeutic for me to be able to get out what's on the inside whether I'm referring to training, things spiritual, or anything else. For the last 3 days, I've missed being able to document and write to what I feel has turned into an old friend and confidant.

Training-wise, I have been able to get some exercise in. Last night I did an hour on the trainer while watching tv. Not exactly the most exciting thing to do in the training world, but it did the trick for now. Monday was a swim day and Tuesday was a day of rest (but not by my own choice). I'm really fiendin' to get out and do some more running now that the calf muscle situation has run its course. Hopefully, there'll be good weather this weekend that maybe I can get in some sprints and a couple of long runs. I won't hold my breath though.

My scripture for the day was one that hit me pretty hard. It was penned from one of my favorite people in the bible - David. He's a guy that I feel like I can relate to in many ways.

"I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust."
- Psalm 91:2

No comments: