Friday, January 23, 2009

A Sore Calf Running Day



Have had a bit of a frustrating day after my morning run. What has gone from, what I thought was a cramp, has morphed in to a minor injury or slight muscle pull. It's now extremely sore and instead of being able to run tomorrow, now I have to spin on the recumbent bike and I'm not too thrilled about that. I would've loved to have taken a long ride tomorrow but the weather is supposed to not get above 40 degrees. This weather is brutal and I'm ready to move to a tropical region where I belong!

Today's run was actually not that bad aside from the so-called cramp that I thought I had. I felt good otherwise and the injury or pull just shows me how much I still need to work on the running portion of my training.

Heard a great podcast from Everyman Endurance that talked about making it through adversity from the perspective of Todd Crandell. It was very inspiring in many ways and in fact somewhat spiritual. Check out the link. Very cool.

2 comments:

Ironrav said...

Nice entry pal! Keep on going!

KB said...

Hey I needed to hear those words Todd very motivating! Keep pushing.

KB