Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Track Day



It's an extremely cold Sunday. It's supposed to snow some time today and currently it is 28 degrees. It's the kind of day that you just want to sit in front of the television and watch football.

Shelby, Kori, and I went to church this morning and we had a great sermon from Pastor Steve as usual. He talked about new things for 2009. He even mentioned Facebook and used it as a metaphor for we as Christians to seek Him and have our face more in The Book. That seemed to really connect with Shelby since she's of the "Facebook" generation.

Steve also talked about being consistent in praying for big things. In fact, he challenged me in being consistent in praying for things on a larger scale - whatever that may be. I don't normally do that and I want to be consistent in doing so. I don't really know what, on a large scale, to pray for in my life, but I feel that the Lord will reveal that to me in due time. Maybe during my time with Him in training. Like I've been learning, it's in his perfect timing.

As for today's workout & training regiment, it went like this:

- 1.0 mile warm-up run
- 5 minute stretching
- 6 stadium steps w/sprint intervals in between
- 6 hill sprints
- 1.0 mile easy warm-down
- stretching


This was again done on the track and was pretty tough due to the 30 degree cold weather. I guess what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

No comments: