Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Black Hole



In the above video, I spoke of a song that the lyrics left me. The song is called, "God of the City." It's an amazing song written by Aaron Boyd from the group Bluetree. They're from Belfast, Ireland and they have an amazing ministry in Thailand. At any rate, I've been vastly convicted by how the Lord is using these guys and in particular, Aaron. He wrote a song that speaks deeply to my soul. Some of the lyrics are:

"Greater things have yet to come, and greater things have yet to be done in this city."

In context to the song, it's powerful and worth looking up on itunes or youtube. God is doing a massive work in this man and the group Bluetree and I'm humbled by being able to see it happen first hand. God is also stirring and working within our company at Maxx. I just feel priveliged to be a part of something that I feel God is working in. That hasn't been my prayer in the past. My prayers have been selfish in wanting God to bless what I do. Now I've realized that I want to find where God is working and moving and join in. I feel I'm in that situation now!

This morning, I was back to a bit of training and it felt good after not being able to do anything for a few days. I woke up, once again, at 4:30 to get the twins off to swim practice and I get a training swim in as well. I had a 40 minute session that consisted of:

- 500 yd. warm up
- 500 yd. kick/drill
- 500 yd. swim
- 500 yd. pull w/pull bouy
- 4 50 yd. sprints on 1:00
- 200 yd. easy warm down

Things felt good this morning. My only regret is that I haven't been able to be totally consistent with my training due to my work schedule. However, I'm certainly not complaining. God is working in His timing and I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

KB said...

Todd it all looks great and I am glad that things are looking up for you, God is good. Hey don't forget the bike info.

Be Blessed,
KB

swilek said...

That IS a great song by Bluetree! My grandparents were born in N. Ireland so I understand "the troubles" over there so this song is especially meaningful! Great group:)