Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Another Swim Day



Today was another early morning swim day. Get up at 4:30, get the girls going, off to the complex, then commence swimming. It's tough doing all of that that early I assure you. Even going to bed at 9:00 pm, it's still tough to wake up so early. At any rate, today's workout was an intense one. I decided last night that I wanted to do some long endurance sets with less sprints. I wanted to see how my body would do to the long continuous swimming without any sprint intervals with rest in between. I must say, my body responded a bit better than I had anticipated. I knew that I could do it; I just didn't know how arduous it would be on my aerobic levels. Needless to say, I was fine and felt relatively comfortable. That encouraged me.

My workout consisted of:
- 1000 yd. moderate swim
- 500 yd. kick/drill swim
- 500 yd. swim @ race pace
- 5 x 100 50 yd. sprints on 1:00
- 300 easy warm down


Also, my thoughts during my workout drifted toward my devotion that I had yesterday concerning praying for God to do big things in my life. Things that could be far beyond my control that would truly make himself known. I thought to myself that God is a God of increase. Where I am today is not where I'm supposed to stay. He has greater levels of favor and blessing in store for me. I have to dare to dream big and dare to keep a God-sized vision in front of me! I want to learn to take hold of every blessing that the Lord has in store for me - and I know there are many!

By the way, still no sign of Troy. I know he wants to jump back in to things and has mentioned it to me on a number of occasions, but I'm not pushing. He wants to "re-commit." However, I didn't realize we "un-committed" to begin with.

No comments: