Saturday, January 10, 2009

Me & The Colonel



Of course with this being the weekend and having time to do some serious training, the weather of course doesn't want to cooperate. It's about 45 degrees outside and it's raining and it seems like it's been raining for the last 2 months. It's ridiculous and I'm more than fed up with the middle Tennessee conditions. I'm so ready to train in some good weather. It makes things miserable. However being cooped up in the house, made things much worse. Today I had had enough. I decided to go for a run at the track in the rain. I did much the same routine as I did the other day at the track. It consisted of:

- 1.5 mile warm-up
- 5 minute stretching
- 10 100 yard sprints
- 1.0 mile easy run warm-down
- 8 hill sprints
- stretching

50 minutes total

Overall, was a good workout. No real spiritual revelations today. I guess I was too concerned with battling the elements. They were tough to get through on their own, much less having to run and train in them. A very tough day overall. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: