Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thursday AM Swim



Today and yesterday were good training days but I found myself being quite tired for some reason. I think it has a lot to with the fact that I'm having to wake up very early but not being able to fall asleep at night. It's catching up to me for sure. However, I had a really good workout this morning that included 45 minutes of swimming and 30 minutes of weights and core work. I'm falling back into the groove for sure.

Tonight I'm actually going to my first bicycle maintenance class and I'm moderately excited about it. Since getting into this cycling thing, I've been quite fascinated with how the bike works and wanting to be able to work on and fix it. Tonight will be the first phase in getting to learn about how to do basic maintenance on the bike which will be quite good for me. We'll see how it goes.

My thoughts today during my workout consisted (oddly enough) of this. I'm not sure why. Maybe the Lord quietly speaking to me in different ways again. Whatever the case, here's what was impressed upon my heart.

"Sometimes our lives have to be dismantled to be built back up."

Many weeks back, my pastor (Steve Berger) said this in one of his messages and it hit home with me back then and really made an impression on me this morning for some unknown reason. Again, and hopefully, it's a spiritual thing where the Lord is working in my life.

1 comment:

KB said...

Hey Todd,

Following you as well, and thanks for the comments from you, it is motivating. Keep it up Todd, you are going to get right where you need to be with all of this and God see's your persistence.

KB