Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday Morning Swim Club



This morning's workout, once again, came really early! Getting up at 5:00 a.m. SUCKS! I'm not a morning person, but when you have kids, you're forced to be. Anyway, Troy and I got to the pool by 5:45 and were met there by Kevin Sparkman. Again, that was a pleasant surprise for me to see him wanting to take an active role in the betterment of his health and fitness. If he'll just stick with it for 30 days, it'll become a habit for him and the soreness will no longer be an issue. He's been the only one that has even come close to sticking with any kind of program for any extended period. Troy and I have had a lot of guys talk the talk, but none have been willing to walk the walk yet. That's what's so impressive about Troy being almost 5 months into this program. He's stayed with it and it is payiing off in big ways now! I never thought he's stick around this long but he seems to have made a complete lifestyle change. That's the whole idea!

Today's swim is behind us but we're looking to get an hour ride in this afternoon. Should be a good one!

1 comment:

Kevin Sparkman said...

In the last five minutes since I just watched this video and heard you say that you ate a bunch of junk food @ Brickell's house for Monday Night Football I turned on WWF Wrestling and downed a bag of Lays Salt & Vinegar chips, half a dozen mini powdered sugar donuts, and 3 1/2 Coke Classic's.

In my undies.

Just thought you should know.

So what time are we running in the morning?!