Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Swim


The day was absolutely picturesque today. Troy and I felt like we HAD to do something active training-wise. So we decided to go to the Rec Center pool and do some swimming. What I didn't realize was that there was already a triathlon swim training class going on that was being coached by my former swim coach. She immediately asked me to come over and jump in a lane and go through the hell that she was putting the others through. In some sadistic way, that actually appealed to me so off I went and jumped in the middle of the training. It was great and I was pleased with where my swimming fitness level was because I didn't wane at all compared to the rest of the swimmers. That felt good.

This all happened before Troy arrived because I happened to get there early. When Troy got there, I ended up moving over and swimming with him for another 45 minutes. So in essence, we got quite a workout in. 
It felt great and was arguably our best swim workout to date. Due to that and talking to the coach, I think we may join the class once we've finished our Suncoast Triathlon in late October. It'll definitely help in our technique and overall water fitness. We're really into all this crap! It's actually kind of funny but amazing. It's great to see how much Troy is in to this. He's like a kid in a candy store and he's certainly getting his fill.

No comments: