Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday Morning Run



As I sit here in my new place of employment, I can't help but think about how I got here and the unbelievable journey that I've been on to get me to this point. It seems amazing, and I certainly can't figure out how I've made it this far without "cashing it in". It's because of the love of friends, family, and most of all, the Lord's unmerited favor. From here, I want to be a Godly, integrity filled, humble man that chooses to take the right paths from this point in my life and forward. That's exactly what I intend to do.

This morning, I woke up to the twins already getting ready for school. Their routine is to wake themselves up at 5:30, take a shower or wash their hair, get breakfast, then off to school. It's a ritual that I've come to enjoy very much. After I dropped them off at their school, I hustled home to change into my running attire in order to get in a run. I ended up running 5.5 miles on an 8:02 pace. Not a bad pace for me, especially when I got lost in some music this morning. The run felt great and my pace was a comfortable one. Still no problems with the achilles and I'm feeling better about my running. However, still trying to be careful too.

No comments: