Thursday, September 18, 2008

Less Than 6 Weeks



The weather during this part of the year is unbelievably perfect for riding and training outside. I just wish it were like this all year 'round. Today's training was much needed after yesterday. Even though Troy and I had a training rest day, there was no resting about the day. I had to clean and ready my house to be shown to some prospective buyers. That literally took me all day, and with one guy living in a far too big house, it becomes a daunting task. However, I got through it and the place is in immaculate shape. Plus, it comes at a good time because my best friend Big E is coming into town and staying with me over the weekend, so the place is spotless.

Yesterday, our "rest" day, was a day of ups and downs - victories and defeats. However, I'm choosing to look at yesterday as an overall victory even though there were some serious hurdles to get over. That's why it's been so crucial for me to continue on this path of health and fitness. It's a stress reliever and knowing that Troy is counting on me is a good source of accountability and motivation. In so many ways, Troy and triathlon have both saved my life and for that I am eternally grateful.

As for Troy, he's biking this afternoon and running tonight so he'll be getting in his scheduled training for today. I no longer worry whether he's going to do it or not. He's gotten to a point where he feels bad or guilty if he's not sticking to his schedule. That's a place, with him, that I've never seen him be in. Plus, I find it very intriguing the places in which he gets his own motivation. Case in point: I'm posting a picture that Troy found that he wants to target as his "look". This is a picture of him about 12 or 13 years ago and I must say, he looks great. You decide. Trust me, Troy's on his way!

No comments: