Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Today's Update from Troy

Well, we DID get the ride in today around 3:30. How about this? We tried a variation of a mid-distance route and it was PERFECT! 18 miles and we did it in 1 hr and 1 minute (and that included a TON of stops behind a school bus). The weather was perfect. It was low 70’s and crystal clear with a nice breeze blowing. Todd and I had a very nice and enjoyable ride. I feel like we have our best talks about Jesus and what He is doing in our lives on days like this. It seems that when we get “deep” on stuff, that the moments fly by and the miles just rack up and it’s over before you know it. I’ll tell you, my brother is an AMAZING creation. The stuff that cripples us mere mortals is stuff that he just sails right through. For example, I don’t think he’s aware that steep hills are difficult on a bike and that slowing down is a natural occurrence. Oh well, be that as it may, I DO feel his pushing me has improved me greatly both physically AND spiritually (which is more important anyway – and we would BOTH say so without hesitating). I never dreamed that when we made ourselves accountable to each other back in April that we would be this transformed in so many ways 5 months later. God is steering our collective ship. I absolutely LOVE the view from His “boat” too! Give it a try if you haven’t gotten on board yet.