Friday, October 24, 2008

The Day Before Suncoast



As I sit here entering this blog, I find myself in a very peaceful place. I'm with family whom I love and I know who loves me. My sweet Grandmother is here with us and I rarely get to see her. She's 81 years old and my Mom & Dad are currently taking care of her as she slowly succumbs to the years that continue to pass her by. She's a wonderful old lady that still is as feisty as ever. We love her dearly.

I'm at peace with everything right now. I'm ready to go tomorrow and I really want to do well. Maybe even to my own detriment. At any rate, the last half of the day today was spent in preparation for tomorrow morning's race. Troy and I went to get our registration packets, we picked up a new wet suit for the cold water swim, and we have set out all of our gear in order for the transitions. If we're not ready now, we're not ever going to be ready. It's go time! It's time to put up and shut up! It's time to ultimately have fun! Here we go!

No comments: