Sunday, October 19, 2008

One Last Brick



It's Sunday and there's not a cloud in the sky. An absolute perfect day for training (other than a bit on the chilly side). It was 73 degrees at 2:00, so I decided to make this day the final day for a brick session before the weekend triathlon. It is now officially crunch time! Today was a 20 mile bike ride followed immediately by a 2 mile run. This was done specifically to get my legs and back used to the drastic transition. Ultimately, I felt pretty good with an 8:30 pace on the 2 mile run. Not bad for me immediately after a 20 mile ride that averaged just under 20 mph. I think I'm ready. In fact, I know I'm ready! I'm anxious and I've done a lot of visualizing of the upcoming race in bettering my previous time - even though it's a slightly longer course. I'm fitter, I'm stronger, and most importantly, my endurance levels are much better than they were this past July. I'm ready to finish the season strong, take a short rest period, then start the off-season program. Next season starts in April and I'm anxious to see how we do over the course of a full season (which we have yet to experience).

I'm ready, Troy's ready, and we're both ready to get going down to Florida on Wednesday. It's going to be fun, but Troy and I are going with a specific purpose in mind - to focus and get better. It's a constant refining process! Let's get it!

My personal goal is to come close or beat a 1:13:22. The course is exactly the same as the one that we did this past July except the swim is 260 yards longer. I'm gunning for under 1:10:00. I hope and pray I make it. Okay, there it is! I've thrown it out there. Now I have to deliver!

No comments: