Monday, October 13, 2008

Mundane Mondays



4:30 a.m.!!! Good lord! And on a Monday no less! Why can't every day be a Friday or Saturday? At any rate, this morning was no different than last week. Waking up at 4:30, get the twins to their swim practice, I swim while I'm there as well, then wait for them to finish and take them to school. They're committed to being a part of that team and I love and respect that. If it means me sacrificing some sleep in order for them to learn what it's like to be a part of something that takes some commitment and dedication, then I'm more than happy and willing to sacrifice for my girls.

This morning's workout was a 45 minute swim where I swam about 2300 yards. It was intense and good. Especially for a "slow to get started" Monday. My afternoon workout is going to be quite a fun one. Troy, in his endless selflessness, bought the two of us a mountain bike to further fuel both of our biking addiction. It was my birthday AND Christmas present and I can't think of something that I would've liked more (one day Troy, one of these days! I swear!). Anyway, we're going out on our first mountain bike trail here in Franklin. Troy found it online and it's right near our house and we've never even been aware of it. We're both excited to say the least.

I'll post pictures and video of the new gear and the trail after the jump. It should be fun!

No comments: