Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gettin' Ready



Oddly enough, I'm still not used to waking up at 4:30 a.m. every morning. I'm, by nature, a night person and the early morning rises are certainly not a badge of honor. It is however a labor of love for my sweet little girls that are not so little anymore. I find myself drawing strength from them and how strong it seems that God has made them. I do this training stuff, and to better myself mentally and spiritually, for them. This weekend will be for them and with them in mind. I draw a ton of strength from knowing they rely on their daddy and that will be the impetus behind what pushes me. Not because I want them to know that I competed in a triathlon, but because I want them to see that I want to be a better daddy in every way. This weekend's event is just the beginning of the long journey.

Today's workout was a swim, weight training, and a morning run. I'm tapering for the event so the workouts are becoming less intense. Troy and I leave on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday and Friday will be total off days dedicated to rest for Saturday's event. I'm pumped, a little anxious, a little nervous, but definitely excited. I've put a lot of pressure on myself to do well. Now it's time to deliver!

No comments: