Friday, December 19, 2008

A Warm Friday



Today was a tough running day due to the wind. However, I'm grateful that I was even able to run at all. This Tennessee weather is absolutely crazy! This morning was rainy and cold and later today at lunch time, it's mid 60's! That's when I decided to hurry up, get my running gear on, and knock out a lunch time run. I'm definitely not in running shape. . . yet. But I will be, and I'm anxious to get back to the regular training routine with good weather.

My run time was a 34:39 over 4 miles. Definitely room for improvement!

This past week has been a refining process for me. I've been learning to TRULY have faith in the Lord and cast my cares to Him and know that He will provide for my every need. In my gross and selfish humanity, that's a hard concept to grasp. However, I'm getting there and the Lord is showing me new things daily.

This was a verse I came across this week in my daily devotion. Another small confirmation that the Lord has me in His loving hands.

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
Psalms 55:22

No comments: