Monday, December 29, 2008

Easy Like Monday Morning



I'm on day three with no television because honestly I haven't paid my cable bill and it's not high on my survival priority list. Being without it has actually been a bit liberating as well. I'm doing a lot more contemplating, reading, praying, watching movies, and working out. I've found that the TV only takes up time that could be better spent doing more productive things. I'll say this; it makes for a much more quiet place around here, that's for sure.

I found out that the girls won't get home until after the new year so that means I'll be alone bringing in '09 - unless I find something to do (which is entirely possible). I'm sad about that because we had planned to do what we did last year in bringing in the new year at the movie theater. However, that obviously won't be happening so I have to make the best of my time. Oh well, there's always next year.

Today was a beautiful day outside but a little on the cold side at 55 degrees. Definitely too cold to go for a ride (at least for me). So I decided to punch out a 4 mile run in the sunshine. I felt good. No calf pain. And I took it easy and didn't push too much. I'm determined to get this running as strong as my swim and bike so I can win my age groups. That, to me, is an achievable goal - especially with my athletic background and fitness level. It'll happen. Maybe not this year yet, but it'll happen. Trust me.

Now for Troy. I just received a text stating that he's ready to start all over. He's said he's gained some weight back and is ready to start the fight again. That's good news to me! In my opinion, it's never too late to start so I'll be right there with him to push him. He's also ready to go on a hiking and camping trip so we're going to sit down and talk about when we can make that happen as well. That'll be fun and we'll keep you informed.

This is the verse that I heard yesterday during church that really lifted my spirits and gave me hope:

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.
2 Corinthians 8:9


I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and here's to a prosperous New Year.

No comments: