Thursday, December 11, 2008

Natchez Trace Sprint Tri


If you've been looking in at the blog, you may have noticed that the upper right corner counter of the blog page shows the counter for an event that I think Troy and I are targeting (Natchez Trace Sprint Tri). Well, at least I'm targeting it. I still don't really know if Troy is in or not. Troy is in a huge slump and may not feel like training or targeting any races. I on the other hand, have this race clearly in my sights and the only hinderence for me will be financial. As you can see by the banner, the race is a sprint tri and is scheduled for late May. This upcoming season I will be training hard for some Olympic and maybe some 70.3 distances, so this race at the beginning of the season will be a nice precursor to some longer distances.

I'm looking forward to the up coming racing season as it'll be my first full one. I'm extremely ready for the cold weather to pass so I can get back outside. I'm feeling the cabin fever at the moment and I hate training inside now that I've gotten a taste of the out door training. I'm having to force myself to workout in the weight room inside. I'd rather just leave that for pushing the weights instead of the overall workout. Oh well, I've got to remain patient. The good weather will be here soon enough.

Psalm 118:14 The Lord is my strength and my song; He has given me victory.

This verse, I find, gives me strength and hope for tomorrow.

No comments: