Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tis the Season



Yesterday was a regular work Monday for most of the business world. However, my Monday was spent at the office of the company that has so welcomed me as one of their own. In this day and time, I feel so blessed to be a part of something that's thriving and I get to do things that I know I'm good at and have done over the many years past. Maxx Tech is the company that I work for and I've been brought in to be an A&R type guy of sorts. For those that don't know what an A&R guy is, it's basically a relationships person that keeps good relations between the company and creative types. That's my job - to foster good working relationships with people outside that we work with along with gathering and creating content. I love what I do and I especially love who I work with. Do I make enough money yet? No. But that's coming in due time and I'm honestly trusting the Lord in that department - truly. I feel like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be both physically and spiritually and I'm happy about that.

It just so happens that Troy is looking like he will be landing here as well after being laid off from his job situation. That would be amazing for me and for the company. Jay, our boss, has so lovingly taken us in and accepted us as family and he's setting up his company in a very powerful way. Troy and I both are fortunate enough to see this from behind the curtain. It's exciting and I'm glad to be a part of the team and it's future. I'm even more glad that it's looking like Troy is going to be on that team as well. I guess I couldn't ask for a better scenerio.

Training has been waining of late due to the weather and hectic hustle-bustle of the season. I'm anxious to get back into a serious training routine, but not until I catch up on the rest that I'm afforded during the days off. I'm enjoying this time of "slow-down". However, I'm ready to kick it into a whole other gear starting in January.

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

- Isaiah 9:6

Very appropriate and encouraging for this time and season.

No comments: