Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Message To A Mother



Mom, this one is for you! This is specifically to show you that Troy and I are fine. . . even though we didn't post anything yesterday!

Yesterday was a "chill" day. Troy nor I did anything active yesterday because we're still in the rest period. I find that I get extremely antsy when I haven't done any sort of workout during the day. Does that mean I'm addicted to the training? I don't think so, but I DO get a wonderful feeling out of the training process and I've trained my body over the last many months to respond quite favorably. However, getting to that point has been a very long journey. Troy has gotten (and continues to get) to that same place physically. His weight continues to stay down and he continues to steadily drop weight slowly - which is the best and most healthy way to do it. I feel like this time, after all of the "dieting" that he's done, the hard work will continue to pay off and he'll keep his weight down once and for all. I'm so proud of that guy! He's truly a trooper on so many levels!

Now it's time to go for a long 45 mile ride. We're slowly easing into our off-season training regimen. I'm ready and about to start honing in on our next race. Watch for the count down over to the right.

Post-ride update:
Went on a leisurely 33 mile ride in perfect weather. This was our first ride since the triathlon.


2 comments:

GC said...

Thank you, dear heart. . . I feel better now! Always interested in how you're doing.

Daniel said...

Is it me or is that a picture of Troy ahead of you kicking your butt?! GO TC number 2! :)