Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday With the Girls


Today was a day of hangin' out with all 3 of the girls because Ashley had something to do today. I certainly didn't mind because I love going to church with all of my little ladies. I get such a fulfilling feeling on these types of Sundays. 

The service was geared toward the whole family. Therefore, I got to sit with the twins in the service and listen to Steve speak about the effects of our culture on us as Christians. He spoke from Revelation chapter 2 and it was one of those messages that hit close enough to home to spark some dialog amongst the girls and myself on our way back home after church. They seemed to really soak it in and understand what was conveyed and agreed with the message from the pastor. That made me feel good and proud in a since that God has His hand on my children and speaks to them in small ways. I pray for them daily and earnestly, and I pray that they will be leaders for Christ in a world of insecure followers.

Today I had the intention of swimming with the triathlon class but it didn't work out exactly how I had planned. I was enjoying being with the girls too much to break away and go do my own thing. There will be other days that I'll be alone and able to train intensely. Today was a day that I wanted to soak in and enjoy before all three of my princesses go away for a week on Thanksgiving break. Today was my Thanksgiving day. I had many reasons to be thankful and I felt compelled to take in every possible minute.

No comments: