Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday Soreness

Yesterday I woke up and almost couldn't get out of the bed. The night before (Friday night), I played football with my rec league team who happen to be comprised of some of the Franklin Police force (it's nice to have those friends and connections). At any rate, we unfortunately lost and I paid a much higher price the next morning over a loss. It's amazing to me how my body has transformed from quick-twitch muscle sports to the endurance side of things. The funny thing is, I could've gone out and run 6 miles or biked 40 and not had the residual effects that I had from playing an hour of flag football with a ton of sprints. However, that's exactly what coaches will say is good for the body in training. To always keep it guessing and not let the muscles get used to any one particular thing. That's why they say to do as much cross-training as possible. Troy and my intentions are to do just that - weight training, sprints, interval swims, etc.

It's a constant learning process and that's what I believe keeps us so intrigued. It's a very interesting thing.


No comments: