Saturday, November 29, 2008

Duped on the Run



It's Saturday rivalry week in NCAA college football. Outside, it's overcast and rainy, cold, and dreary. A perfect day to stay inside and watch tv and do nothing. However, I forced myself to get in a medium length run that I originally thought was a nice easy short run. The above video explains how I got duped!

Lately, I've been really intrigued with how the spiritual and physical go hand-in-hand and the older I get the more obvious it is that they are closely connected. Therefore, I've been casually searching for some things on this subject in the bible. Here's what I found and thought that the translation from The Message was quite interesting. I love this verse and how it talks about the Lord taking care of the birds of the air and how we as His children count more to Him than they do. It's something I often think about when I'm at the beach in Florida at the parents' house watching the many beautiful sea birds around the water.

The verse is: Matthew 6:25-26
If you decide for God, living a life of God-worship, it follows that you don't fuss about what's on the table at mealtimes or whether the clothes in your closet are in fashion. There is far more to your life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body. Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds.

Monday begins the off-season program for Troy and myself. I hope he's ready!

No comments: