Thursday, November 20, 2008

Swim Day



Yesterday, I went to get a swim workout while the twins were at their own swim practice. During my workout, since I'm not able to listen to music or converse with a partner, the scripture passage from Philipians 4:13 came to mind for some reason. It states:

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I've heard this passage since I was a kid. In fact, it's one of my favorites that I have memorized. However, the thing that I seemed to dwell on during my swim was the strengthens part. I don't believe that it's any coincidence that there's a direct correlation between the physical and spiritual aspects of training. They are both something that you have to take a lot of discipline in and there's a certain amount of suffering that you must go through to improve. This is something that is extremely interesting and intriguing to me. More on this down the road.

No comments: