Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday & Gloomy



Okay I'll admit it, I'm in a slump training-wise. Troy, by his own admission, is in a slump too. I don't know if it's because of the season being cold, the actual weather, life circumstances, or what. But the fact of the matter is, we're slumping right now. However, I have been reading and researching a lot about taking some down time and the off-season programs. Maybe this is my subconscious forcing me to take a mental and physical break. Whatever the case, I've read that it's good for my body, my mind, my spirit, and my recovery. So I'm just passing off the fact that I feel a little guilty and unnerved by not doing much training.

I've decided (and not yet discussed this with Troy) that I'm going to continue to take a slight break until after Thanksgiving. After the holiday is when I plan to kick in to high gear for the off-season training regimen. I believe that Troy will be okay with this as he's needed this time to mentally and physically re-group. For that matter, so have I! However, I DO miss the euphoric and spiritual feeling that I get when I'm out in the out doors training on my own or with my brother. It's a special time for me and I'm already anxious to get past the winter and move into spring so I can hone in on the events I want to tackle. I'm preparing and focusing on '09 being a break out year in many respects - starting with my training. It's going to be good. I'm going to see that it's good, and I'm focusing on the fact that it will be good.

God is good - so why shouldn't next year be?

No comments: