Friday, November 28, 2008

A Cold Day's Ride



Doing a yoga workout is certainly no joke! I knew it would be tough and really good for you, but I never realized that it would make me this sore from doing slow moving body movements! I thought, even with a month training layoff, I was in pretty decent shape and able to do just about any workout without much trouble. Well yoga is a different story. It's stretching, slow movements, breathing, and concentration - and it's tough! I can see it being a great addition to the triathlon training that Troy and I are embarking on for next season.

I did a 45 minute yoga workout yesterday and this morning woke up extremely sore. . . again! Because of the soreness and lactic acid build up in my legs, I decided to go for a short 11 mile bike ride. It was my first one in a month, and it was a little tough but enjoyable. The tough part was due to me being out of cycling shape and the bitter cold. I hate riding in the cold! However, it was good for me and I'm glad that I did it. It was one of those days that I didn't feel like doing anything and had to force myself to be active outside. It's certainly a good feeling once you're done.

Attached is the link to the route that I took.
Today's cold ride!

No comments: