Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tri Swim Class & A Run



Today has been an absolute crappy day for reasons untold. However, after my swim workout last night, I didn't know how my daily run would go. In actuality, I wasn't as sore as I thought I'd be. At any rate, the day's run was tough but it was good. I dread next week when I'm with Coach Baker as he'll undoubtedly work to kick my tail. Be that as it may, my alone time was great and well spent. I found myself, once again, listening to the Katinas' Lifestyle worship album as I was running. That record speaks to me in such profound ways. Some of the lyrics that rang out to me were:

Lord I give you my heart. I give you my soul. I live for you alone. Every breath that I take, every moment I'm awake. Lord, have your way and I'll obey.

That, lately, has been my prayer and what aspire to live by - as hard as that is for a selfish guy like me (and trust me, I've been told many times that I am!). At any rate, it's a daily process and I'm thankful for the strength and grace that I'm afforded from the Lord on a daily basis. I'm tragically flawed, and this I know. I'm just thankful that with each new day comes a fresh new start and that's exactly how I view it.

As for the actual run, it wasn't that spectacular after the hard swim workout. I ran for about 36 minutes and the previous days' swim was clocked in at over 3000 yards. It was a rough go.

Consider the blameless, observe the upright; there is a future for the man of peace.
Psalms 37:37

1 comment:

James and Chrissy Katina said...

Todd, I was thinking about you today, so I decide to roll by your blog. I just want you to know that I am so excited to see what God is doing in and through you. I know it's been quite a season for you but it's so awesome to witness God's restoration process taking full affect in your life. Stay in that place and remember that the best is yet to come. Love you bro, James