Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday's 3000 Meters



Triathlon swim class. Today I went out to practice with probably 35-40 other people. For me the practice was a bit unlike Wednesday's practice in that I purposely saved some at the beginning in order to have some left for the end. This was an obvious smart move because during Wednesday's workout, I ended up getting multiple cramps in my feet. This was due to not being adequately hydrated and going out too hard too early. Both of these were taken care of today. At the end of today's workout, I felt good and not too fatigued. That was nice, and I felt pretty good about being in good enough physical shape to not feel whipped at the end of the workout.

The workout consisted of (in meters):
- 500 easy warm-up
- 20 x 50's on 1:10 - stretch/glide drills
- 4 x 200 stroke swim
- 200 warm down

This coming week is the start of my official coach induced training schedule. I'm looking forward to the challenge and the gained knowledge of both the sport and how my body will respond. It'll be fun and tough at the same time.

1 comment:

swilek said...

I popped on over from Spence Smith's blog...keep up the great work!!:)