Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Run With Kori



Today was a bit of a weird day. It started out as being slightly overcast and very windy. Then around noon, it cleared up substantially with not as much wind. It was then that I decided to fit in my Saturday run. As I was preparing to leave while stretching and such, Kori asked me if she could come with me as she rode her bike. Of course I said yes! So the two of us went out to the garage and got her all set up to roll out with me on her bike. Needless to say, it made for a much more interesting and fun run as we talked, laughed, I pushed her, etc. We were out for 45 minutes (until she had had enough for the day) and it proved to be the most meaningful and enjoyable run that I've had since this whole thing started. I always cherish the times that I can spend individually with my girls as I know they will become fewer over time.

After the run and doing some replenishing of fluids, I decided to get in an hour of cycling on the indoor trainer as I watched the NCAA tournament. It ended up being quite a nice little workout considering I couldn't ride outside due to scattered thunderstorms and high winds. The workout ended up being a constant spin in zone 2 during the actual game on tv and some intense zone 4 workout during the commercials. This was an idea given to me by my coach Triswami.

Once that was over, it was off to relax land for me. That's when the tornado storms moved in and dumped some serious rain and hail on Williamson County. The whole day's temperature was quite nice and in the mid 70's until the storms had moved through and brought back the cold weather. Man, when is Spring going to be fully here?

Today was a good day. Now off to church tomorrow with all my girls then swim practice. The Lord is good and merciful. . . thankfully.

1 comment:

Runnergirl Creations said...

Hey, I really enjoy your blog. I found you on Twitter. I'm a long time DC Talk fan --> Toby Mac fan and have enjoyed Gotee Records artists for many years. I also like Fresh Digress & appreciate their innovative style. My Masters degree is in Kinesiology & I'm a marathoner so I'm always interested in your daily training. Thank you for sharing about your life & workouts!