Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Sunday T30

Today, I must say, was a grueling workout for only 30 minutes. In triathlon swim/training class, we were measured how far we could swim in 30 minutes (without stopping, of course). It was brutal to say the least but it was something that I'm glad that I did as a measuring stick for next time.

I ended up swimming 1700 meters in 30 minutes and was relatively happy about that considering it was my first time at doing anything like that. I have a problem with pacing. I'm so used to everything being about finishing quickly or sprinting that it's been hard to shift my mentality to that of going out slow and methodical. I'm no longer a basketball player or sprinter so I have to stop thinking that way which has been quite tough. At any rate, I now have a barometer from which to measure from next time and I certainly did learn a thing or two about how to approach going about swimming a timed swim like that. . . or a long triathlon swim for that matter.

Church was wonderful this morning as the twins and I went to our Grace Chapel. Steve is continuing to go through the bible chronologically and this morning's message was about Isaac, Jacob, and Esau. I love how Steve can take an old and often heard story and make it so relevant and personal in today's world. It was almost as if he were speaking directly into my own situation. Praise God for the way He's using that church and Steve Berger to speak and minister into my life.

No comments: