Saturday, March 14, 2009

No Outside Workouts!


As you can see from the picture, the Nashville area is in the middle of bad weather for the 3rd straight day! It's hideous, and I'm completely sick of the winter, cold weather, and rain. I'm overly ready for spring and good training weather non-stop!

Today, the only thing that I really did and felt like doing was some indoor training that consisted of:

- 3 sets of 15 swiss ball push-ups with the Perfect Push-ups.
- 3 sets of 20. 10 lbs. dumbbell swiss ball crunches.
- 3 sets of 10 Turkish get-ups.
- 3 sets of 20 (w/10 lbs. curls) - Because I don't have heavier dumbbells.

My calf soreness has subsided from Tuesday after thinking that I may have slightly injured my Achilles or something to that effect. However, with the soreness now gone, I'm highly ready to be outside and doing my proper workouts on the road - be it running or cycling. The weather obviously has a whole other agenda, and it's quite discouraging.

At any rate, I'll be back at it soon and tomorrow is a tri swim team workout. It should be fun and tough at the same time.

Video soon to follow.

1 comment:

Janine Jacoby said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. It sounds like you are approaching a year now of triathlon training, congratulations! I'm wondering if your brother has kept with it too? I especially enjoyed the blog about your friend that dropped by at midnight and was having a tough time, and sought your input. Men need more "safe" friends like you, that aren't afraid to bear witness. Your blog made me realize (even more) where I am realing falling short. Thanks!