Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Beatdown After 2 Workouts



Today was a though physical day, but rewarding nonetheless. I've gotta say, I'm tired but feeling good and optimistic. Tired mainly because, for the last 3 nights, I've had some trouble sleeping and I don't know why. Maybe it's stress. That's certainly the reason for my afternoon run and it was well worth the release. I felt better than I figured that I would since my coach (Triswami) kicked my butt this morning for our first official "evaluation" strength workout. I'll tell ya; he's certainly seriously knowledgeable and enormously fit. . . for any age. I'm excited about the sheer Hell that he's probably going to inflict. He's a beast.

During the run, I was feeling a bit energetic due to the music and due to feeling like I had some bounce in my legs. That was surprising to me considering the onslaught of pain I received this morning. I had a good alone time on the run to relieve some stress and just focus on my life situations both good and bad. I find a lot of solace and peace from the Lord out on these runs and bikes. I truly feel the Lord has my undivided attention and He speaks to me the most clearly.

My run was:
45 minutes with 6 - 30 second intervals at a 5k pace (which means, not an all out sprint but a pretty solid pace). The non-interval running sections were to be run in zone 2 which is a slow methodical comfortable pace. And so the journey continues.

No comments: