Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday's Swim and Run - Post #201!



This post marks the official passing of 200 posts! I can't believe that this is post number 201. I can distinctly remember beginning this thing back in May of last year. It's been quite a journey of ups and downs and, for me, it's quite interesting to go back and look at some of the progress that's been made and the hurdles that have been crossed. The documentation of this multi-faceted journey has been therapeutic for me in so many ways. I'm thankful that God has put this on my heart to do for myself and for my children down the road at such a pivotal time in our collective lives.

This morning started with all three of my girls and me going to church. I love it when I have the opportunity to take my little ladies with me to worship. It means so much to me. This morning the message was about Jacob and ultimately his name being changed to Israel. Initially, Jacob's life consisted of being selfish, deception, conniving, and everything else that was temporarily fulfilling. In fact, his name itself meant sup planter or to prey on others. In essence, he resisted God's hand for many years even though he was considered a chosen one. Ultimately he wrestled with God and lost (of course). But in this entanglement, he finally came to a loving conversion. It's a wonderful biblical story that truly spoke volumes to me personally. I've wrestled with God and "religion" for far too long and I want to be used fully by Him. I've been broken and I, like Jacob, want to be a blessed but broken man with a constant reminder of where I've been. I'm so thankful that the Lord uses misfits because, in that, I know He can use me!

Jacob sold out in order to receive a birthright what was not rightfully his. I, in turn, have sold out in the past for things done in all the wrong ways. God is turning those thing into glory for Him in ways that I can't describe. I can see it with my own two eyes and I know that He's got some amazing things in my future. For that, I'm grateful yet undeserving so I'm humbled. Thank you Lord.

For lack of making this post too long, I had a wonderful workout today that was much needed after the debacle of last week and the weather. The above video explains it all.

Thanks to all friends, family, and on-lookers who stop by occasionally to check out what's going on after 200 of these needless things. I appreciate the support and emails. Please keep them coming. Even after 200 posts, I still feel new at this. Any feedback is welcome. Any questions on training is also welcome. If I don't know the answer, I've got a great coach who undoubtedly does.

Compete Life - because life is competitive in different ways.

No comments: