Friday, February 6, 2009

Training Coach



Finally, I was able to get in a solid long 5+ mile run and it felt good because the day was picture perfect! It's, by far, the nicest day of '09 and I ended up running in shorts and a light long sleeve due to it being in the mid to upper 60's. What a gorgeous day. Now if I could only get my bike cleaned up and tweaked out for spring I could get on it and start rolling! However, I'll settle for the long run with the nice weather any day.

I received a wonderful email today from a triathlon coach that I was referred to by Dan at Endurance Sports and Rec here in Franklin. The coach's name is Richard Baker, and judging by his email, he seems to be a wonderful and kind man. He graciously took my initial email and returned it back in far more detail than was necessary for a busy professional. I was humbled by that. In a nutshell, he said that he would love to sit down and meet with me face to face and see if there's any way that he can help me. At this moment, I can't afford a "for real" coach due to my circumstances and he totally understood that. He did however mention that it doesn't cost anything to sit down and discuss some things and even spark up a friendship. So that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'd love to be able to hire a coach to help me better my training and abilities, but for now, it may have to wait. Until then, I plan to get to know this nice guy and see where a training relationship and friendship may take us. I'm leaving this all in God's hands. . . which is where it belongs.

If you're interested in checking out the Triswami's blog, click here. He's very knowledgeable and just an all-around nice guy.

No comments: